Tips to Get Yourself Back in the Gym!
October 8, 2019
Whether it’s because you’re unmotivated or embarrassed about working out in front of other people, there are tons of excuses for not going to the gym—and the longer you put it off, the harder it is to put your workout clothes back on and break a sweat. Follow some of these gym tips in Phoenix, AZ and we guarantee we’ll see you back in the gym in no time:
- Start easy: Let’s face it, you’re not going to look like Arnold Schwarzenegger after one day in the gym! You also run a high risk of hurting yourself if you overdo it right away. So, start slow with low-intensity workouts. You can eventually ramp it up and do some more rigorous activities in the gym.
- Set goals: Before you set foot inside the gym, set a simple goal or two for yourself. Maybe you want to lose some weight for an event or fit in your slim-fit jeans. Whatever they are, make goals and stay focused on them while you’re working out.
- Include three components: Each workout should have three parts to it: cardiovascular endurance, resistance training and flexibility. Including these three components will help you achieve your goals while ensuring you don’t hurt yourself along the way.
- Include a warm-up and cool-down: In addition to the three components mentioned above, be sure to warm up before your workout and cool down afterwards. A warm-up will get your muscles nice and loose for the exercise, and a cool-down will help reduce any resulting soreness.
- Take rest days: One of our top gym tips in Phoenix, AZ is actually to stay out of the gym and take a rest day! Rest days are crucial for long-term wellbeing, as these days are when your body has a chance to recover and replenish.
- Listen to your body: You’ve probably heard the old saying that “pain is weakness leaving the body.” Though a good workout will make you a bit sore, there’s a fine line between having sore muscles and having actual pain. If something hurts, stop working out and see a healthcare specialist.
- Get plenty of sleep: You can’t discount the importance of a good night’s sleep, especially if you’re hitting the gym each day. Don’t feel bad about hitting the sack early every night or pressing the snooze button a few times in the morning. Your body and mind will both thank you!
- Hire a personal trainer: Perhaps our best tip for getting back into the gym is to hire a personal trainer. A personal trainer will ensure you’re practicing safe workout methods while keeping you motivated in the fitness center. Personal trainers can also develop a diet plan to help you lose some weight and stay in shape.
If you’re ready to get back in the gym, call Pamela Young to get started with a few personal fitness classes! With all of Pamela’s helpful gym tips in Phoenix, AZ, you’ll soon be in the best shape of your life, and set up for future success.
Categorised in: Workout Tips