If you’ve ever wanted six-pack abs and toned arms or to lose a few pounds around your tummy, you’re not alone. It’s safe to say that most folks wish they were in better shape or weighed a little bit less. That’s all easier said than done, though! Getting yourself to the gym is a lot more difficult than it sounds. But by following these beginner workout tips in Phoenix, AZ, you can make it happen:
- Buy the right shoes: First things first, be sure to purchase high-quality tennis shoes. The right pair of shoes can help to prevent long-term injuries and ensure your feet aren’t sore after your workout. Though you don’t want to overpay for gym shoes, spending a bit more for quality shoes is going to be worth it in the long run.
- Start slow: Immediately trying all of the hardest workouts or lifting the heaviest weights is bound to lead to an injury (not to mention the fact that you won’t get six-pack abs after one day at the gym). Start slow with some low-impact, low-intensity exercises and work your way up to the heavier stuff.
- Get an accountability partner: We know it’s easier to sit on the couch and watch TV after work instead of going to the gym, but doing so won’t help you get in shape! Find a friend or a coworker to be your accountability partner. You can motivate each other to exercise a few times a week.
- Consider home workouts: The thought of going to a crowded fitness center might be a little daunting for some people. That’s where home workouts come into play! You can do a ton of helpful workouts with just a set of dumbbells and a jump rope. Additionally, having some home workout options can be a helpful supplement for days when you can’t squeeze in a trip to the gym.
- Choose the right gym: If you prefer to join a gym, make sure it’s right for you and your fitness goals. Not all gyms are created equal—some are geared more towards power lifters than to people wanting to lose some weight. Shop around and tour some different gyms before signing up for one.
- Hire a personal trainer: One of the best beginner workout tips in Phoenix, AZ is to hire a personal trainer! A trainer can be your accountability partner while getting you in shape. Personal trainers will create a plan tailored just for you that’ll help you meet your fitness goals.
- Focus on your “why”: Setting goals and focusing on why you want to get fit is essential when it comes to staying motivated and continuing to exercise. It doesn’t matter if you’re trying to lose five pounds or training for a marathon—stay focused and you’ll eventually meet your fitness goals.
When it comes to helping beginners get in shape, there’s nobody better than Pamela Young. Her years of experience and dedication to helping clients succeed ensures that all of her trainees can get into a quality workout routine. By hiring Pamela as your trainer and following the beginner workout tips in Phoenix, AZ, you’ll be slimmer and stronger than ever before.
Categorised in: Workout Tips