Choosing a personal trainer is an important person choice. You want to make sure the right fitness trainer in Phoenix, AZ understands your fitness goals and has tried and true methods of getting you there. You’ll want to consider a number of factors before deciding on a trainer that you feel comfortable with and are excited about. Check out this list of what to look for in finding the right personal trainer in Phoenix, AZ.
- Experience: There is no match for experience when it comes to personal training. An experienced personal trainer will have years of tenure under their belt, so you know they have dealt with a number of different clients with different body types and fitness goals. An experienced fitness trainer in Phoenix, AZ has perfected their process. Pamela Young has more than 15 years of experience.
- Credentials: The credentials of your prospective personal trainer in Phoenix, AZ are just as important (if not more) than their experience. Finding a trainer who has been accredited through an organization such as ACE, NASM or NSCA ensures they’ve met certain standards of competence and professionalism.
- Philosophy: Trainer’s philosophies might be almost as varied as trainers themselves. You’ll want to find someone who’s philosophy speaks to you. What are their methods and beliefs about their program, and how does that align with your own? Pamela Young’s approach revolves around the Five Point Fitness method, meaning total body workouts with a holistic emphasis on fitness.
- Specialties: Many trainers specialize in one or two areas, such as training athletes for specific sports or events. Pamela Young specializes in extreme weight loss, hormone balance and corrective fitness, as well as general fitness training. Her comprehensive approach involves every area of the body for total-body wellness.
- Personality: You’ll be spending a lot of time with your personal trainer, so you’ll want to enjoy being around him or her. You might also consider whether you like to be motivated with positive reinforcement or pushed and challenged. You may want to ask your potential trainer about their style and see if that jives with you.
- Reputation: It’s important to find out what people are saying about their experience with a trainer before committing. Look for reviews and testimonials, and interview family and friends who have worked with a prospective fitness trainer in Phoenix, AZ.
- Progress: How does your trainer measure and track progress, and what is your expectation of progress with your time commitment? You’ll want to talk with your trainer about the benchmarks they measure and see if your expectations align.
Pamela Young is the founder, owner and proprietor of Pamela Young Fitness. She is certified with the National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM), with formal education in personal training from the National Personal Training Institute.
She helps clients achieve total body composition change in a happy, encouraging environment, and specializes in extreme weight loss, hormone balance and corrective fitness and general total-body fitness. Check out testimonials or give us a call today to schedule a consultation!
Categorised in: Personal Trainer