Many beginners in a gym tend to believe having a personal fitness trainer in Phoenix, AZ isn’t for them. This is based primarily on misconceptions such as a personal trainer being overly pushy, or their needing to have a certain level of fitness before a trainer will even consider working with them.
The truth is, a personal trainer will work with you no matter where you’re at in your fitness journey to help you achieve your specific goals effectively and safely. Here are just a few of the biggest benefits associated with working with a personal trainer:
- Achieve your goals: A personal trainer will help you clearly define your individual fitness goals and create a plan that will get you there as effectively and safely as possible. Your trainer will consider your current fitness level and help you initially focus on smaller goals that are more attainable and better help you track your progress in your big, overarching goal you hope to achieve.
- Accountability: There are many people who set fitness goals for themselves, but aren’t able to achieve them because they lack the commitment or motivation to make it all the way. This is nothing to be ashamed of—staying accountable with one’s fitness is a problem for millions of people. Fortunately, a trainer is always there to hold you accountable and make sure you don’t miss any sessions, keeping you pointed on the right track.
- Instruction: Personal trainers will teach you the proper ways to perform every exercise in your routine, showing you the proper technique and correcting any issues you have with your own technique or posture. It might turn out that you’ve been doing an exercise wrong for years and never knew it—a trainer will identify this issue and correct it so you can perform it more safely and effectively. Plus, if you’re able to do certain moves correctly, there’s a greater chance you’ll do that exercise on your own at home or in the gym.
- Variety: One of the biggest problems people who create their own workout plans tend to have is that they get complacent with planning out their exercise regimen. It becomes easy to fall into a groove with the same routine, which will eventually become boring and ineffective. Experienced trainers bring some variety into your exercises, alternating between machines, free weights, body weight exercises and prop exercises to keep you and your body invested in the workouts.
- Efficiency: Experienced personal trainers understand you have a limited amount of time in your busy day to work out, and are able to make the most effective and efficient use of that time. This also helps to increase the effectiveness of your exercise program, as you’ll get the most bang for your buck.
These are just a few of the biggest benefits associated with working with a personal fitness trainer in Phoenix, AZ. For more information, contact Pamela Young Fitness today and we’ll be happy to answer your questions.