How to Pick the Right Personal Trainer in Phoenix, AZ for You
There are few things as daunting as starting a new fitness program. You are never as strong as you’d like to be starting out, and that can be really discouraging. So, you decide you need the help of a professional, someone who has seen all the stages of workout misery and who can guide you to the finish line. But even this process can bring its own kind of discouragement.
You might encounter the overenthusiastic “gym bro” who can’t help but take selfies in the mirror instead of keeping an eye on your form, or even worse, the overly critical drill instructor. He or she needs to click with you if this is going to work out. Below are some tips to help you choose the right personal trainer in Phoenix, AZ for your individual needs and fitness goals:
- Ask to see credentials: First and foremost, a personal fitness trainer needs to possess the basic knowledge to train others. When it comes to physical activity—and especially lifting weights—you need to know that your trainer has your overall health, wellbeing and safety in mind. One pulled muscle could set you back significantly in your journey to a healthier you, so be picky about whom you choose.
- What is their specialty? Depending on your goals, a good trainer will be able to point you in the right direction. As with doctors, lawyers and other professions, trainers often have an area of expertise. It could be weight training or bodybuilding, and it might be cardio, so have an honest conversation about their expertise to make sure it’s going to work for you.
- Look for results: Trainers are not unlike teachers in that they assign you work and they will measure your progress. They will hold you to your goals and push you to be a better version of yourself. If they don’t seem to care about your progress, they aren’t a good fit for you. Move on and find a fitness trainer in Phoenix, AZ who truly cares about your goals.
- So, how much is this going to set you back? Let’s be honest—a lot of our health and fitness goals hinge on being able to afford it. If a gym membership or trainer is too costly, it gives you an easy excuse to quit. When it comes to goals, barriers should be kept to a minimum. Be frank about your goals and what you can realistically spend toward reaching those goals. A good trainer will discuss their rate and what you are getting for that price.
- Location, location, location: Like the money aspect of training, a gym or trainer that is too out of the way can become an excuse to miss a workout. A good trainer will not only hold you to your commitments, but will set a schedule that gives you ample opportunity to meet that commitment.
If you are searching for a knowledgeable, understanding and caring fitness trainer in Phoenix, AZ, look no further than Pamela Young Fitness. We are here to help you reach your fitness goals!
Categorised in: Fitness Trainer, Personal Trainer